If you’d like to create an audio podcast of your narration -- either a light-weight podcast player for posting on the Web, or a single MP3 file for distribution on MP3 players like iPods -- use the Publish for Podcast option.
To Publish for Podcast:
- Select Articulate --> Publish to launch the Publish dialog.
- Select the Podcast publish tab.
- Specify a Publish location for your presentation. The default location is in this directory: My Documents\My Articulate Projects. Click the ellipsis button (...) or type a directory path if you want to pick a different location on your computer.
- Modify the Properties as necessary:
- If you wish to modify the Published title, type a new title.
- If you wish to add an Artist or speaker name, input the details in this field.
- If you wish to add an Album title, input the details in this field.
- If you wish to add Description for your podcast, input the details in this field.
- Under Output Options, select from the Audio quality drop-down the audio quality you’d like to use for your podcast:
- High (128 kbps)
- Medium (96 kbps)
- Low (64 kbps)
- Custom: Click the ellipsis button (...) to choose a quality setting within the range 16 kbps to 160 kbps
- Click Publish.
- When the Publish process is complete, you will receive the following Publish Success dialog box to choose the next step:
Play Podcast: Allows you to launch your podcast in your Web browser and listen to it via a lightweight audio player, which you can use to Play, Seek (click and drag on the seekbar), Pause, and adjust the Volume of your podcast.
Email: Automatically generates a message with the zipped output attached to send content via e-mail.
FTP: To publish directly to your server via FTP.
Provide the following information for FTP Upload (example credentials shown in italics):
Zip: To create and save a zipped version of the output.
Open Folder: Opens the published output folder.
- Choose Close when you are done or to exit without selecting one of the above options.