See Also: Local Playback of Published Content Doesn’t Work with Flash Player 23 and Later
If you view a published Articulate Quizmaker '09 quiz on your local hard drive or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features of your content to fail. To properly test your published content and share it with others, upload it to the environment for which it was published.
If you don't need to track course completion for your users, then web publishing is a good option. To learn how to publish Quizmaker '09 quizzes for web distribution, click here.
After publishing, do any of the following:
- Use the FTP button on the Publish Successful dialog to upload the published files to a web server.
- Or, use your own FTP client to upload the published files to a web server.
- Or, give the published files to your server administrator to upload to a web server.
When your published files have been uploaded to a web server, provide users with the URL for the quiz.html file.
If you don't have access to a web server, here are some free options:
- Amazon S3 offers free hosting with generous usage limits. If you go over your limit, you'll be charged a small fee. See this video tutorial by Tom Kuhlmann to learn more about Amazon S3.
- Google Cloud also has a free hosting service. You'll be charged a small fee if you go over the free limit. See this video tutorial by Ton Kuhlmann to learn more about Google Cloud.
Articulate Online is an easy way to host your Articulate content and track users results. To learn how to publish Quizmaker '09 quizzes to Articulate Online, click here.
To learn about different ways of inviting users to view courses in Articulate Online, click here.
If you'll be using a Learning Management System (LMS) to distribute your Quizmaker '09 quizzes and track users' results, publish for LMS.
Then click the Zip button on the Publish Successful dialog, and upload the zip file to your LMS. Provide users with the URL for your course.
If you need to distribute your Quizmaker '09 quiz for offline viewing, publish for CD.
After publishing, do any of the following to share it with others. (Note: Double-click the Launch_Quiz.exe file in the published output to view the course.)
- Burn the published output to a CD.
- Burn the published output to a DVD.
- Copy the published output to a USB drive.
- Zip the published output, and copy it to a network drive. (Users must extract the zip file before viewing.)
- Zip the published output, and email it directly to users. (Users must extract the zip file before viewing.)