With Quizmaker ’09, you can create groups of questions, and randomize the order in which questions from a particular group are presented to your users (also known as question group pooling). You can also specify the number of questions from each group to be asked. A question can be locked within a group.
To Randomize a Group:
- Open Quizmaker ’09 and create a new quiz or survey, or open an existing one.
- Click the group title or a question in the group you want to randomize and click the Randomize Group button.
- The button color will appear with a yellow highlight to indicate that the currently selected group will be randomized. You will also see a message next to the corresponding group title: Randomize all questions.
- Specify the number of questions from the group to be asked:
- Click the drop-down box next to Include.
- Select the desired number of questions to be asked, All or 1 through X, where X is 1 less than the total number of questions in the current group.
- To remove the Randomized Group setting, select a question in a randomized group, then click the Randomize Group button again. The yellow highlight on the button will disappear along with the message next to the question group title.
Question locking allows you to specify that a particular question within a randomized group will always be asked in the specified position, or will always be included in the group of randomized questions.
To lock a question within a randomized group:
Randomize a Group by following the above instructions.
- Click a question in the randomized group and select the Lock Question drop-down menu. Select from the available choices below (note that some choices may be grayed out, depending on the question’s relative position within the group):
To Question Above: Always ask the current question after the question above it in this randomized group of questions.
To Question Below: Always ask the current question before the question below it in this randomized group of questions.
To Top of Group: Always ask the current question as the first one in this randomized group of questions. Only one question can be locked to the top of each group.
To Bottom of Group: Always ask the current question as the last one in this randomized group of questions. Only one question can be locked to the bottom of each group.
- Remove a question lock by clicking the locked question and selecting Remove Lock.