If your Engage '09 settings become corrupt, they can cause the application to crash. If you find that your Engage '09 application is producing random errors or is crashing, try the following to resolve the issue:
- Right-click the Windows Start button and click Explore.
- Type the following in the address bar and hit return: %appdata%\Articulate
- Rename the Shared folder to Shared_old.
- Run the software and confirm the issue was resolved.
The above procedure will force Engage ‘09 to re-create the Shared folder on launch, and will reset the application back to its default state.
If the above procedure does not correct this issue, it's possible your installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is damaged, corrupt or missing. Following the directions below will repair your installation of the .NET Framework 2.0 and should correct this issue:
- Install the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1
- Run Windows Update
- Restart your computer
- Run the software and confirm the issue was resolved
If that does not resolve your issue, try the steps outlined in Unexpected behavior in Articulate Studio '09.