You may find that the resume feature in your Articulate content doesn't work as you'd expect in the following scenario:
- You take a course and meet the completion requirement—either by viewing the required number of slides or by passing a quiz.
- You exit the course.
- You resume the course, and pick up where you left off.
- You exit the course again on a different slide.
- You resume the course again and find you've been returned to the slide you were on when you initially met the tracking requirement and exited the course.
Most learning management systems (LMSs) consider a course to be in review mode after the tracking requirement has been met. In review mode, resume data is no longer sent to the LMS, which prevents learners from accidentally changing their course status from complete back to incomplete.
We don't recommend changing the default behavior. However, if you need to change it, modify the published output or adjust the tracking requirement as described below.
Modify the Published Output
- Navigate to your published output, and open the lms folder.
- Open the Configuration.js file in a text editor, such as Notepad.
- Locate the following text:
- var REVIEW_MODE_IS_READ_ONLY = true;
- Change it to:
- var REVIEW_MODE_IS_READ_ONLY = false;
- Save and close the Configuration.js file. (If it won't save your change, make sure the file itself isn't marked Read-only.)
- Zip the published output, and upload it to your LMS.
Adjust the Tracking Method
If you're tracking by the number of slides viewed, another option is to adjust the tracking method. Consider doing one of the following:
- Increase the number of required slides to all the slides in the course.
- Add a one-question quiz to the end of the course, asking learners to confirm they've completed it, then track the course by the quiz.