If you exit a presentation while displaying a slide that is immediately after a quiz, you may find that the resume feature does not work properly. For example, you may be taken back to slide one, or you may receive a notification that you cannot proceed until you pass the quiz on the previous slide even if you already passed it.
This is a known issue. You can workaround this behavior in the following manner:
- Download and extract this zip file. This zip file contains a SWF movie that will be used in step 4 below.
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint, and insert a new, blank slide after the quiz.
- Go to the Articulate menu, and select the Flash Movie option.
- Browse to the nextSlide.swf file from step 1 above, and click the Open button.
- When the Insert Flash Movie dialog opens, select "Movie plays independently of slide" from the Synchronization drop-down list, and click OK.
- Go to the Articule menu, and select Slide Properties. Right-click the new slide in the Slide Properties Manager, and select "Hide in Navigation Panel".
- Save your changes, and then re-publish your presentation.
The new slide with the embedded SWF movie will essentially be invisible to your users. It will advance so quickly that it won't be seen, but it will force the suspend / resume data to work as expected if users exit the course immediately after completing the quiz.