If you have modified the Text Labels in your player template to display Russian text, you may find that the Select text label does not display properly in Matching Drop-Down questions. This is a known issue. You can correct it. Here's how:
- Open your quiz in Quizmaker '09.
- Click the Player Templates button on the toolbar.
- Select your player template, and click the Edit button.
- Select the Text Labels tab.
- Scroll to label #13 (Select), and delete the Custom Text so that it is blank.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Close button to exit the Player Template Manager.
The instructions above will remove the Russian text that does not dislay correctly from your Matching Drop-Down questions. You may publish your quiz at this time.
If you prefer, you can manually add text boxes with the appropriate Russian text for the word Select to your Matching Drop-Down questions before publishing as shown in the example below.
Here's how to add text boxes to a Matching Drop-Down question:
- Double-click your Matching Drop-Down question to open it.
- Click the Slide View button on the toolbar.
- Select the Insert tab.
- Click the Text Box button on the toolbar.
- Click on the question slide above or beside the drop-down field for the first answer choice to create a new text box.
- Type the appropriate Russian text for the word Select.
- Select the newly created text box, and click the Copy button on the toolbar (or press CTRL+C to copy).
- Click the Paste button on the toolbar (or press CTRL+V to paste), which creates a duplicate text box.
- Drag the new text box so that it appears above or beside the drop-down field for the next answer choice.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 for each of your answer choices.
- Click the Save & Close button on the toolbar.
Publish your quiz.