If you use a trigger to play audio in Articulate Storyline, learners won't be able to use the seekbar to control how the audio plays—i.e., they won't be able to scrub back-and-forth through the narration. Audio that plays only when triggered is divorced from the slide's timeline, since it requires certain conditions to be met first (such as clicking a button).
To trigger audio and control its playback, do the following:
- Add a layer to your slide. (You don't need to add any elements to the layer unless you want to. It can be blank.)
- Import your audio to the new layer. (Use the default timing, so it'll start at the beginning of the layer's timeline.)
- Click the gear icon (the Properties button) for the layer, and do the following:
- Mark the box to Hide slide layer when the timeline finishes.
- Use the Allow seeking drop-down to select Yes.
- Click OK.
- Modify your original trigger so that it shows the new layer (rather than playing the audio).