You may find that a SWF video will not launch as expected if both the following criteria are true:
This is a known issue. You can correct it in one of the following ways:
Display the SWF in the slide
Rather than launching the SWF in a new browser window, you can display the SWF in the slide.
Use MP4 or FLV
Rather than a SWF file, use a MP4 or FLV version of your video file. These video formats do not encounter this issue.
Add the necessary files to your published presentation
If you would prefer to use a SWF file that launches in a new browser window, you will need to use the following method.
- Open your quiz directly in Quizmaker '09 (outside of PowerPoint).
- Publish your quiz for Web.
- When the Publish Successful dialog appears, select the Open Folder option.
- When your published output appears, open the quiz_content folder.
- Select and copy (CTRL+C) both of the following files:
- Next, navigate to the following directory in the published output for your presentation:
- Paste (CTRL+V) the files from step 5 into this directory.
When you launch your published presentation, the Flash movie should now display correctly in a new browser window as expected.