Engage ’09 gives you access to the following sections of the toolbar:
- Interaction-specific functions (e.g., Add Tab, Delete Tab, Move Tab in Tabs interaction)
- Intro / Summary
Available functions include the following:
Intro / Summary (not available in Media Tour)
Add/Edit Introduction: Click the Add Introduction button to add an introduction step, event, or entry to your interaction, which will appear at the beginning of your interaction. The introduction contains the same elements as your other steps, events, or entries. If you already have an introduction, click Edit Introduction to make edits to your existing introduction step, event, or entry.
Add/Edit Summary: Click the Add Summary button to add a summary step, event, or entry to your interaction, which will appear at the end of your interaction. The summary contains the same elements as your other steps, events, or entries. If you already have a summary, click Edit Summary to make edits to your existing summary step, event, or entry.
Interaction Properties: The interaction properties dialog gives you features and option to customize your interactions. Learn more about available settings in Managing Interaction Properties.
Export Media (Media Tour only): Click the Export Media button to export the movie or image for the current item. After clicking the button, do the following:
- In the Export File dialog, specify the Save in location for your media.
- By default, the File name will be the name of the source image (edit as you’d like).
- The Save as type can only be the source format of the media (e.g., .jpg if your original media is in .jpg format).
- Click Save to save the source media to your selected location, or click Cancel to cancel the export.
Colors: Click the Colors drop-down box to select from available Schemes or Legacy Schemes, or create a New Color Scheme (keyboard shortcut: N when the color menu is expanded). If you choose to create a custom scheme, do the following:
- The Color Scheme Editor will open with a preview of your interaction.
- Use the controls at the bottom of the editor to customize your colors.
- The Choose an item to edit drop-down menu includes the following customizable areas:
- Background and Text
- Options specific to interaction types:
- Labeled Graphic
- Select the area whose color you want to customize.
- Use the color menu drop-down to specify a color using the default color choices, or click More colors to define a custom HSL or RGB color.
- Some areas of the interaction, such as Background, also give you the option to specify a Transparency percentage by inputting a whole integer between 0 and 100 or by using the up and down arrows.
Spelling: Click the Spelling button to run a spell check of your interaction, or click the arrow to specify Spelling Options or AutoCorrect Options. Learn more about spelling options in Engage Options.
To learn more about specific toolbar functions in each interaction type, see Creating New & Opening Existing Interactions.