Rise 360 Version History
Article Last Updated
This article applies to:
Listed below are the new features and fixes that have been added to Rise 360 since its initial launch. And because Rise 360 is a web app, there's nothing to install. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export a Rise 360 course again to update existing published output with a new feature or bug fix. Check out our feature roadmap to know what's coming next.
March 20, 2023
- Enhanced: We've added labels for sidebar progress indicator tooltips to enhance localization and accessibility.
- Fixed: Images at the end of a lesson with a height of 175 pixels or less wouldn't display.
- Fixed: Forward-seeking in videos would revert to disabled after the lesson was viewed completely. Please republish impacted courses for this change to take effect.
February 24, 2023
- Enhanced: Broaden your impact and enhance accessibility by translating screen reader labels into other languages.
- Enhanced: Process blocks are now WCAG 2.1 conformant with improved keyboard navigation and screen reader support.
- Enhanced: We've made additional accessibility improvements for quote blocks.
February 23, 2023
- New: Deliver bite-sized, single objective-focused training with microlearning.
February 1, 2023
- New: Celebrate Black History month with this real content course template.
- New: Take your music listening habits to the next level with the latest Next Big Idea Club content template: This is What it Sounds Like.
- Fixed: Question bank draws weren’t included in exported translation files.
January 12, 2023
- New: Start 2023 right with two new real content course templates on exercise and forming healthy habits.
- New: Develop personalized work and travel expense and conflict of interest policies with these new placeholder content templates.
- Fixed: When starting a lesson containing an embedded Typeform, learners were taken directly to the embed block location.
December 22, 2022
- New: Use these 20 lesson templates from our latest Next Big Idea Club courses, Good Arguments and Plays Well With Others, to enhance your training.
- New: Learn how social media marketing works and how it can work for you with Social Media Marketing 101 and 201 real content course templates.
- New: Develop expert compliance content with 11 new real content lesson templates on Cultural Competence and Inclusion and Respect.
- New: Digitize your team directory and your buyer personas with these two handy placeholder content course templates.
December 8, 2022
- New: Build better relationships and learn about the beneficial side of arguing with two new Next Big Idea Club course templates by Eric Barker and Be Seo.
- New: Discover change management fundamentals, learn how to communicate change, and dive into paid advertising with these three new real content course templates.
- New: Explore positive psychology basics and its impact in the workplace with these 14 real content lesson templates.
- Enhanced: We've made some big WCAG 2.1 conformance improvements for flashcard stack blocks, hyperlinks, and course navigation elements. Read all about it.
- Fixed: Custom fonts don’t display on the cover page for courses using the Rise theme.
November 14, 2022
- Enhanced: We've updated the dashboard with a fresh, clean look. You can now better manage your library with dashboard pagination and find content quickly with search.
October 28, 2022
- New: Explore change management with the basics, then take it to the next level with these two new real content course templates.
- New: Learn how to foster inclusive communication within your organization with these 13 real content lesson templates.
- New: Develop substance abuse training for your organization with this placeholder course template: Substance Abuse and Misuse in the Workplace.
October 5, 2022
- Enhanced: Flashcard grid blocks are now WCAG 2.1 conformant. Read all about it.
September 13, 2022
- Fixed: Questions couldn’t be added to question banks from quizzes when all your question banks were in folders.
- Fixed: When you added a custom message when sending a copy of a course via email, recipients saw only the default message.
September 2, 2022
- New: Help your learners re-acclimate after baby-bonding with the Returning to Work After Parental Leave real content course template.
- New: Explore tough health and safety topics as well as how to deal with violent events in the workplace with the Compliance series of 12 real content lesson templates.
- New: Improve information literacy and expand the ability to incorporate Critical Thinking at work with these 12 real content lesson templates.
August 22, 2022
- Fixed: In cmi5 courses, quiz completion and success statuses might not get recorded in the host LMS.
- Fixed: Screen readers don't always announce caption text for image galleries.
- Fixed: Multiple response questions sometimes have a hidden correct response that can't be selected.
July 28, 2022
- New: Personalize and deploy this handy placeholder content course template about OSHA’s Focus Four Workplace Hazards.
- New: Learn how to solicit customer feedback and get started with marketing analytics with these two new real content course templates.
- New: Explore the latest collection of 21 lesson templates on Resilience.
July 21, 2022
- Fixed: Correct responses weren’t retained when adding a multiple response question to a question bank from a quiz. Any affected questions will need to be re-added to their question banks.
July 19, 2022
- New: Instantly change the look and feel of your course with prebuilt themes and cover pages.
- New: Customize themes with layouts, navigation options, colors, fonts, and images.
- New: Choose from a variety of prebuilt cover page layouts to make a cover page that’s as unique as your course.
July 12, 2022
- Fixed: In xAPI courses, quiz completion and success statuses might not get recorded in the host LMS.
- Fixed: Courses could fail to export to xAPI when they included quizzes built from question banks.
July 1, 2022
- Enhanced: We’ve greatly improved the overall accessibility of the timeline block with a better screen reader experience and clear borders in Windows High Contrast mode.
June 27, 2022
- New: Explore our latest collaboration with Next Big Idea Club, Daniel Pink on the Benefits of Regret with available course and lesson templates.
- New: Level up your marketing and information technology skills with these five real content course templates: Product Marketing Fundamentals, How to Develop Winning Product Pages and Descriptions, A Quick Guide to Developing a Go-to-Market Strategy, Search Engine Optimization, and Website Marketing
- New: Check out these twelve Health and Wellness real content lesson templates that focus on mental health in the workplace and dealing with big life events.
June 6, 2022
- Enhanced: Lesson progress tooltips are now keyboard accessible. We've also updated the language of the tooltip for clarity.
June 3, 2022
- Enhanced: Make quizzes more challenging. Show learners their selected answers and question feedback without revealing correct answers.
June 1, 2022
- New: Celebrate Pride month with two new real content course templates: Power and Pride: The Origins of Pride Month and Beyond Pride: Year-Round Action
May 20, 2022
- New: Nine new lesson templates are now available for the Next Big Idea Club course Making Numbers Count.
- New: Be an ally for diversity and inclusion with this real content course template.
- New: Use these two new placeholder content course templates to explain your wellness program and to help your employees understand their benefits.
- Enhanced: We've updated several lesson templates for grammar and clarity. We've also updated our career management templates to be more inclusive and relevant.
- Fixed: Inserting a block template would occasionally get stuck in a loading state.
May 17, 2022
- Enhanced: In courses exported to AICC and SCORM, individual quiz questions, as well as quiz completion, are now recorded by the host LMS to ensure quiz progress.
- Fixed: In quizzes, the selected question title no longer overlaps the add question menu.
May 3, 2022
- Enhanced: Updated all videos in the Anti-Harassment and Discrimination lesson templates to reflect the course name change as well as additional content edits related to previously listed updates.
April 20, 2022
- New: Learn how to lead through change with 25 real content lesson templates on Change Management.
- New: Three real content course templates: 7 Types of Interviews and When to Use Them, Leading Through Change, and Optimizing Your Images for SEO.
- New: Three placeholder content course templates: Active Shooter Response Training, Emergency Protocols, and Nonprofit Fundraising Proposal Deck.
- New: This month's Next Big Idea Club course template is Chip Heath on Making Numbers Count. We've also added 11 lesson templates for Ayelet Fishbach on Getting It Done.
- Enhanced: We've updated the real content lesson templates Answering Common COVID-19 Vaccine Questions and COVID-19: The Fight Continues.
April 7, 2022
- Enhanced: We've made accessibility improvements to both quiz and knowledge check feedback as well as block performance in Windows high contrast mode. Read more in the latest Accessibility Journey.
- Fixed: When viewed on mobile devices, course descriptions now display the expected font.
April 5, 2022
- New: With question banks, you create randomized quizzes by drawing from a bank of prepared questions. Learn more here.
March 31, 2022
- New: We've added four new real content courses: The Complete Guide for New Professionals, Sexual Harassment Training for Employees and Managers, 6 Tips for Successful Peer-to-Peer Training, and A Guide to Workplace Professionalism.
- New: Explore the latest course from the Next Big Idea Club: Ayelet Fishbach on Getting It Done.
- New: We've added two new placeholder content courses: Bloodborne Pathogen Training and Understanding Workers’ Rights Under the OSH Act.
- Enhanced: Updates have been made to the real content lesson templates Anti-Harassment and Discrimination and Retirement Planning.
- Enhanced: We've made several improvements to contrast elements to improve accessibility. Read more here.
March 4, 2022
- Fixed: When viewing a course on a mobile device in landscape mode, text wouldn’t resize when changing orientation.
- Fixed: The cursor wouldn't change to indicate an image could be zoomed in on.
February 17, 2022
- Fixed: Renaming or changing the share status of existing block templates would generate an error.
February 15, 2022
- Enhanced: We’ve updated Roboto and Open Sans fonts to the latest version. Clear your browser cache to see the effect in your courses.
- Enhanced: We removed Tin Can API references from Rise 360 in favor of the official name of the LMS standard—xAPI.
February 10, 2022
- New: Help your team reach their highest potential with Next Big Idea Club templates—life-changing, ready-to-go training from the world’s most brilliant luminaries.
- New: With Real Content Lesson templates you can assemble courses quickly by choosing from hundreds of prebuilt lesson templates with real content and videos.
- New: Real Content Course templates provide ready-to-use training, including videos, on a wide variety of common business topics. Simply add your branding and publish for your LMS.
February 4, 2022
- Enhanced: We've improved the visibility and functionality of the undo notification that appears when you delete blocks. Now, if you need longer than 12 seconds, hover your mouse over the notification to pause the timer. You'll also see multiple notifications when more than one block is deleted.
- Enhanced: Users now see featured images in the content library prior to entering a search term.
January 14, 2022
- Fixed: In tab blocks, some screen readers would highlight and read invisible previous and next buttons. Read more here.
- Fixed: For video blocks, the picture-in-picture button didn’t display.
December 14, 2021
- Fixed: The focus state for the next-lesson button didn't meet WCAG contrast standards.
- Fixed: The layout of quizzes and knowledge checks on mobile devices wasn't easy to read.
December 6, 2021
- New: Easily help your team boost their professional skills with the latest course template focused on effective workplace presentations.
- New: Localize the video player in one of 16 languages, based on your text label selection.
- Fixed: Focus landed on the wrong item after submitting a quiz answer on mobile devices with VoiceOver enabled.
October 28, 2021
- Fixed: Custom fonts could be duplicated in your theme settings and exported courses.
- Fixed: Long text in matching questions would display outside of the box.
September 30, 2021
- Enhanced: Choose alignment options for images in accordion, tabs, timeline, and process blocks.
August 20, 2021
- Fixed: Text alignment in tables would display differently in edit and preview modes.
August 9, 2021
- Fixed: Labeled graphic marker captions were clipped by the sidebar when you decreased the Chrome browser window size or when viewing on some tablet devices.
August 3, 2021
- Fixed: When exported, if quiz questions started with the same words, only the results for the initial question were recorded by the LMS.
July 8, 2021
- Enhanced: Block management while authoring is now accessible. Screen readers see and announce the move up, move down, and duplicate buttons.
April 29, 2021
- Enhanced: You can set the text contrast on cover photos to 0%.
- Fixed: Some learners would see a blank page upon resuming a course you've updated in your LMS. You can now choose to reset learner progress when they launch a course. Click here for more information.
March 16, 2021
- Fixed: Authors and learners could see a media loading error for videos. To correct the issue for an existing course, upload the affected videos again, then export the updated course for your LMS or republish it to Review 360.
March 9, 2021
- Enhanced: In quiz lesson settings, you can select a Continue button to appear at the end of the quiz instead of the standard next lesson button. Your learners will see a familiar continue button that adopts your course theme color.
- Fixed: When there were multiple timeline blocks in the same lesson, their audio played at the same time.
February 9, 2021
- Fixed: Text on the front of flashcards in flashcard blocks appeared blurry.
January 28, 2021
- New: Rise 360 supports Section 508 accessibility guidelines. See our conformance report for details.
- Enhanced: Make labeled graphic interactions accessible to all users with improved keyboard navigation, screen reader support, and a color selector for markers.
January 26, 2021
- Fixed: Notification emails weren’t sent when publishing a course to Review 360 or exporting it to PDF.
January 5, 2021
- Enhanced: Your in-progress audio or video playback position is automatically bookmarked when you navigate away from or close a lesson. Press Play to resume right where you left off.
- Fixed: Courses couldn't be exported as PDFs.
December 18, 2020
- New: We’ve added five new templates to our Human Resources, Marketing and Public Relations, and Workplace Safety categories.
December 3, 2020
- Enhanced: Make your labeled graphics markers stand out and ensure they meet accessible contrast requirements with the new color selector.
December 2, 2020
- New: Rise 360 output supports Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA. See our Voluntary Product Accessibility Template® (VPAT®) for details.
- New: Learners can use the latest versions of NVDA, JAWS, VoiceOver, and TalkBack screen readers with our supported browsers to access Rise 360 courses.
November 5, 2020
- Fixed: Importing multiple images at the same time to a carousel block would occasionally result in some images getting stuck in an uploading or processing state.
August 10, 2020
- New: Export Rise 360 courses to cmi5—the newest LMS standard.
June 1, 2020
- Fixed: Collaborators wouldn't see custom fonts listed in the course settings. The use of a custom font is now denoted. Custom fonts are still visible in the course preview.
May 14, 2020
- New: Only need part of an image? Just use the built-in cropping tool to create the perfect picture.
- Fixed: A black vertical bar appeared in the lesson sidebar on Macs, iPhones, and iPads.
March 23, 2020
- Fixed: Tin Can API output was blank when viewed locally or in an LMS.
- Fixed: The exit course link was included when you exported a course for web output (even though it's only used in LMS exports).
February 28, 2020
- Fixed: Pasting content into a scenario block text field failed when you were overwriting existing text, even if the copied text was within the 200 character limit.
February 14, 2020
- Enhanced: We added support for Google Chrome 80, which no longer allows synchronous XHR when a web page is closed. This update ensures your AICC courses always communicate a final status to an LMS. You'll need to re-export your AICC and xAPI courses so that they continue to work with Chrome 80.
- Fixed: Hyperlinks in the image carousel didn't open the expected link when selected.
- Fixed: Clicking the trash can icon when editing a quote carousel block wouldn't delete the quote.
- Fixed: XLIFF translation file exports didn't preserve URLs or include chart block labels.
- Fixed: The player-interface.js file wasn't included in SCORM export packages.
February 4, 2020
- New: Build engaging, interactive lessons quickly using gorgeous, customizable templates. Simply add your text and media, and Rise 360 does the rest. Get started.
- New: Make your videos accessible by adding closed captions. Import a caption file for each language you want to support. Learn how.
January 23, 2020
- Enhanced: Video playback speed is now a course-level setting and is enabled by default for all videos. Learners can choose a playback speed that's comfortable for them—from 0.25x up to 2x. Learn more.
January 14, 2020
- Enhanced: We’ve improved performance to reduce downtime when duplicating a course, loading block templates, and uploading media files.
- Fixed: Courses with non-English filenames wouldn’t always upload to a web server or LMS.
- Fixed: Unused labels are no longer included in exported label sets.
December 15, 2019
- Fixed: No more squinting! The font size of long bulleted lists is no longer smaller than the rest of the text in your exported PDFs.
- Fixed: An error message didn't display when importing the wrong translated XLF file into your course.
- Fixed: Special characters displayed as HTML code in matching and fill-in-the-blank knowledge checks.
- Fixed: Audio wasn't saved when recorded in Google Chrome or Safari on a Mac.
October 29, 2019
- New: Let learners choose a video playback speed that's comfortable for them—from 0.5x up to 2x. Learn more about it here.
- New: Learners can play videos using picture-in-picture mode in browsers that support it, such as Google Chrome and Firefox. Picture-in-picture mode moves the video to a floating window so learners can watch it and scroll through lesson content at the same time.
- Enhanced: Learners can no longer download your videos, protecting your intellectual property.
September 30, 2019
- Enhanced: Add
_NOPROCESS_to an image filename when you want to skip compression when uploading it to your course. Read more about it here.
- Enhanced: We changed collaborator role names to better reflect their functions. Owner, Admin, and Author are now Course Owner, Course Manager, and Course Collaborator, respectively. Learn more here.
- Fixed: Email addresses are now automatically converted to
mailto:hyperlinks when entered in text fields, as expected.
July 3, 2019
- Fixed: When an Admin collaborator duplicates a course it no longer gets stuck at "Processing Course."
May 30, 2019
- Fixed: Files downloaded with the attachment block no longer have extra characters added to the beginning of their titles. Please note, this only affects attachment blocks created going forward. For current courses, you'll have to delete and reupload the attachment to see the fix.
- Fixed: In scenario blocks, characters no longer revert to a neutral pose after you've selected a custom pose and then added a new scene.
May 6, 2019
- New: The scenario block lets you add more lean-forward moments. Easily create branched scenarios with Content Library 360 characters. Just add dialogue, responses, and feedback to create your scenarios. Read more about it here.
- New: Get ready for a whole new level of organization! Table blocks are a fantastic way to clearly display information. You can find out more here.
- New: Use quick insert to instantly add tables or lists to tab, process, and other blocks that support text. Click here to find out more.
- Enhanced: Fine-tune how you collaborate with colleagues with new collaborator roles. Learn about owner, admin, and author roles here.
- Enhanced: Users can now remove themselves as collaborators from a Rise 360 course. Learn more here.
- Fixed: Blocks that were previously not displaying at the end of lessons now appear as expected.
April 4, 2019
- Fixed: XLIFF files that contain hyperlinks with ampersands (&) now work properly with third-party translation tools.
- Fixed: Flashcard grids with one or two flashcards now display at the expected size when using block animations. No more shrinking!
March 14, 2019
- Enhanced: You now have the option to export your XLIFF files without formatting.
- Enhanced: We've eliminated extra spaces in all exported XLIFF files to improve compatibility with third-party translation tools.
- Fixed: Two-column text and sorting activity categories are now included in XLIFF files for translation.
February 28, 2019
- New: Transform your data into beautiful and engaging bar, line, and pie charts. Learners can mouse-over each data point to see details.
January 25, 2019
- Enhanced: Rise is now called Rise 360 to match the other "360" apps in Articulate 360 subscriptions.
- Fixed: Internet Explorer 11 users would see the error "LMS did not return valid status code" when viewing AICC content.
January 17, 2019
- New: Admins with user seats can rename and delete Rise 360 block templates that have been shared with the team.
January 8, 2019
- Fixed: Exported courses that contained embedded web content in multimedia or interactive blocks were sometimes blank.
- Fixed: Some files with non-English names (such as those using traditional Chinese or Russian characters) wouldn't always attach to Rise 360 courses.
December 4, 2018
- Enhanced: When exporting your courses and tracking by completion percentage, you can now choose Passed/Incomplete or Complete/Incomplete as the reporting option.
- Enhanced: Carousel blocks now work with the continue block, ensuring that your learners see all of your photographic goodness.
- Enhanced: When you turn off the sidebar and previous/next buttons to restrict navigation, Rise 360 adds a continue button to your quizzes so learners don't get stuck!
November 27, 2018
- Fixed: Google Chrome users, you can edit long marker entries in labeled graphics without the text disappearing.
- Fixed: The navigation arrows in carousel blocks were sometimes misplaced in Internet Explorer.
November 16, 2018
- Enhanced: Labeled graphic blocks now have the same white background by default as your other blocks so you can create lessons with a smooth, uninterrupted flow.
- Fixed: You'll no longer see " | Rise 360" in the browser tab for your exported courses.
October 30, 2018
- Fixed: Translating courses is awesome, except when your exported files don't work with your translation software or extra HTML tags are inserted. We've taken care of both with this release.
October 24, 2018
- Enhanced: Want to use different "step" labels for each process block in your course? Now you can! Use the new step label setting in the sidebar.
- Fixed: Now, when a process block is included in your lesson, your exported PDF displays as expected. No more blank files!
October 16, 2018
- New: Rise 360 authoring just got a whole lot more flexible. We’ve added an option to convert existing prebuilt lessons into blocks, removed the option to create new prebuilt lessons, and simplified the lesson selector. We’ve also added a new blocks shortcut bar to speed up your workflow. Check out the details here.
September 11, 2018
- New: We love knowledge checks so much, we gave them their own space! Use the Knowledge Check category in the blocks library to add multiple choice, multiple response, fill-in-the-blank, and matching knowledge check blocks to your lessons. And easily switch existing knowledge checks from one question type to another.
- New: Discourage guessing with the multiple response knowledge check block. With more than one correct answer, learners really have to master the course content.
- New: Ask learners to recall a word or phrase with the fill-in-the-blank knowledge check block. You can turn on case sensitivity for an added challenge.
- New: With the matching knowledge check block, make a list of text-based pairs, such as vocabulary words and their definitions. Rise 360 will separate and shuffle the pairs. Learners must put them back together in an engaging drag-and-drop interaction.
- New: Let learners explore an interactive timeline of events in your block lessons. Timeline blocks can have text and media, including audio, video, and image files.
- Fixed: Dragging timeline events is a quick and easy way to reorder your timeline lessons. It's not supposed to make your first timeline event appear at the end of your timeline! We've fixed that.
July 31, 2018
- New: Make your block lessons more interactive. Use a process block to explain a linear process with a carousel of media-rich steps. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
July 23, 2018
- Enhanced: Text in flashcard blocks can now be left-aligned. In fact, there are now five alignment options for text throughout Rise 360: left, center, right, justify, and a new option to return to the default alignment for the selected text. Learn more.
July 18, 2018
- New: Sort all the things! You can now add interactive sorting activities to your block lessons in Rise 360.
June 19, 2018
- Enhanced: Rise 360 courses now send question-level details to your LMS, letting you monitor what learners know and where they need more help. Learn more.
June 18, 2018
- New: Create more lean-forward moments in your block lessons. Add a labeled graphic block to let learners explore key components of an image. Just upload an image, then add interactive markers to describe each element.
- Enhanced: Blocks animate smoothly into view as learners scroll through block lessons. You can also turn off block animations if you prefer.
June 13, 2018
- New: You can now localize a Rise 360 course into other languages. Export text to an XLIFF file, translate it, then import it back into Rise 360 with formatting intact. C’est magnifique!
June 12, 2018
- Enhanced: We added a little more continuity to continue blocks! Now, when a continue block is the last item in a lesson, it’ll take you directly to the next lesson.
- Enhanced: Learners can collapse sections of the course outline in the sidebar to see the overall structure of a course.
- Fixed: Answer choices in quiz questions temporarily stopped shuffling, but they're working properly again. Keep those learners on their toes!
June 7, 2018
- New: Make it easy for learners to find information in your course by displaying a search field in the sidebar.
June 4, 2018
- Enhanced: Flashcard blocks are now even more intuitive to use. They react when learners hover over them and provide clear interaction instructions on their first use. It's the little things that make all the difference. And if you don't need the flashcard hint, you can turn it off in the block settings.
- Fixed: Left-aligned feedback text in quiz lessons and knowledge check blocks now displays properly.
May 18, 2018
- Fixed: Sorting activities now behave as expected on iOS 11.3 devices. No more dragging the entire screen with you!
- Fixed: Text on flashcards no longer appears faded towards the bottom in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed: Learners couldn't resume or complete courses in some LMSs when suspend data exceeded a certain limit. Now Rise 360 lets the LMS determine its own character limit for suspend data.
May 10, 2018
- New: Create branched scenarios and decision-making interactions by turning off the previous and next buttons and using button blocks to control navigation.
- New: Turn off the lesson numbers in your course settings when your content doesn’t need a lesson count.
- Enhanced: Hide an image from screen readers when it’s decorative or doesn't add important context to your course. Just add two double quotes ("") to the alternate text to make it null, and screen readers will skip it.
- Enhanced: You can now remove borders from quote carousel blocks. Just go to the block settings in the sidebar and turn off the border.
- Fixed: Rise 360 courses will now have unique manifest identifiers when they’re exported as LMS packages.
May 2, 2018
- New: Export Rise 360 courses as PDF files for easy printing and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Enhanced: Use button blocks and button stacks to send emails. Launch the learner's default email client right from your Rise 360 course!
- Enhanced: Easily customize the message that appears when learners exit an LMS course. Just edit your text labels.
- Enhanced: We rearranged the quiz settings so they're easier to use.
April 26, 2018
- Enhanced: You can now send a copy of a course to multiple authors at the same time.
April 25, 2018
- Enhanced: Acceptable answers for fill-in-the-blank questions can now be case sensitive, so you can make quizzes more challenging.
April 16, 2018
- Fixed: Rise 360 courses exported as SCORM 1.2 packages wouldn't work in some LMSs, such as Dokeos and Meridian. If a SCORM 1.2 course is blank in your LMS, simply export it again. Thanks for reporting it to us!
April 2, 2018
- New: Control how learners interact with videos. Disable forward seeking when you don't want learners to skip ahead.
March 7, 2018
- New: Use a Storyline block to track completion of a Rise 360 course in your LMS. Choose to track completion based on a trigger, quiz result, or number of slides viewed in your Storyline block. Details here.
- New: Learners can navigate Rise 360 courses entirely with their keyboards. And you don’t have to do anything to enable keyboard accessibility; it’s built right into the published output. Learn more about keyboard navigation.
- Fixed: A duplicated course would revert back to the default English text labels.
March 2, 2018
- Fixed: Learners couldn't access the buttons for previous and next lessons on iPhones in landscape mode.
- Fixed: Audio or video content for a quiz question would continue playing after advancing to the next question in the quiz.
February 23, 2018
- Fixed: Some LMSs couldn't locate the launch file for xAPI courses, and some LMSs reported communication errors when launching xAPI courses.
- Fixed: After hiding the author on the course cover page, the author was visible in new lessons added to the course.
February 20, 2018
- New: Get more control over course navigation. Require learners to complete a Storyline block before moving on by adding a continue block to your Rise 360 lesson. Details here.
February 19, 2018
- New: Build Rise 360 courses faster by saving existing blocks and their content as templates, then reusing those templates in other lessons. And if you have an Articulate 360 Teams subscription, you can share templates with your team. Learn more about block templates.
- Enhanced: Now you can replace the background image in labeled graphic lessons with photos and illustrations from Content Library 360.
- Enhanced: You can sort the courses on your Rise 360 dashboard alphabetically or by date, and now Rise 360 remembers your choice each time you open your dashboard.
February 13, 2018
- Fixed: In matching quiz questions, both columns of choices and matches shuffled so learners saw them all in a random order. Now, draggable choices in the left column shuffle, and matches in the right column stay in the order you listed them.
- Fixed: Some text labels for quiz elements were missing from XLIFF files when exporting label sets for translation.
February 2, 2018
- Fixed: Exported courses had duplicate
player-interface.jsfiles, which prevented them from uploading to some LMSs.
- Fixed: Next buttons were missing from process lessons on some mobile devices.
January 11, 2018
- New: Make quizzes interactive with the new drag-and-drop matching question type. Add up to 10 text-based matching pairs. For example, match countries to their capitals or chemical elements to their abbreviations.
January 10, 2018
- New: Choose to have your course sidebar open or closed by default, or even turn it off altogether. Turning off the sidebar also removes the course outline from the cover page and requires learners to navigate lessons in sequential order.
December 27, 2017
- New: Get more control over course navigation. You can require learners to pass a quiz before moving on to the next lesson. Learn more.
December 7, 2017
- New: Personalize your Rise 360 courses with custom fonts for headings and body text. Just upload your font files in the theme settings.
November 30, 2017
- New: Reinforce learners' knowledge with a variety of feedback options in quiz lessons. Give learners a single feedback statement for all responses, different feedback for right and wrong responses, or even different feedback for each possible response.
November 13, 2017
- New: Challenge learners to really understand course content with the new multiple-response quiz question type. It lets you create assessments that have more than one correct answer.
- New: Ask learners to recall key words or phrases from the course content using the new fill-in-the-blank quiz question type.
November 9, 2017
- New: Now you can copy lessons across courses, making it easy to reuse existing content and create courses faster.
November 8, 2017
- Fixed: Continue blocks that followed videos didn't work in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed: Audio clips or videos from multiple steps in a process lesson would sometimes play simultaneously.
October 24, 2017
- Enhanced: Rise 360 now remembers your dashboard layout between sessions, either grid or list view.
- Fixed: Bulleted and numbered lists didn't have hanging indents, so text wasn't aligned correctly when it wrapped to multiple lines.
October 11, 2017
- Fixed: If learners started a quiz and switched to a different lesson before finishing the quiz, they couldn't resume the quiz where they left off. Now they can.
October 9, 2017
- New: Use Storyline blocks to add custom interactivity to your Rise 360 courses. Just publish your Storyline 360 projects to Articulate 360, then import them into a Rise 360 blocks lesson.
- Fixed: Some embedded web content was cropped or cut off in Rise 360.
October 6, 2017
- Enhanced: Now you have more design choices for video and embed blocks. Make them as wide as you want. And show or hide the border around embed blocks. Just edit a video or embed block, then select the Settings tab in the sidebar to see your options.
October 5, 2017
- New: Easily manage all your Rise 360 courses. Create folders on your Rise 360 dashboard to organize projects and quickly find what you need.
- Enhanced: Now there are more font sizes on the text-formatting toolbar.
- Enhanced: Articulate 360 Teams subscribers who collaborate on courses will see owners' avatars on the course tiles.
- Fixed: When you duplicated a knowledge check block and changed the answer choices in one block, the answer choices in the other block also changed.
- Fixed: Numbers were sometimes out of sequence in numbered list blocks.
September 13, 2017
- New: Quickly remove all formatting from selected text by clicking the Clear Formatting icon on the floating toolbar.
September 6, 2017
- Enhanced: We improved accessibility by increasing the contrast between foreground and background colors for built-in course features, such as buttons and icons.
August 29, 2017
- New: Articulate 360 Teams can easily collaborate on Rise 360 courses. Create and edit different lessons at the same time or take turns fine-tuning the same one.
- New: Speed up your project reviews. Publish Rise 360 courses to Review 360 to gather feedback from stakeholders. Collect in-context feedback, follow threaded discussions, and mark comments resolved.
- Enhanced: Make text look the way you want with more formatting options, such as font sizes, superscripts, subscripts, and bulleted lists.
August 23, 2017
- Enhanced: Now you can continue working on your course while Rise 360 exports it as a package for your LMS or web server. You'll receive an email notification with a download link when it's ready.
August 21, 2017
- Fixed: Your cursor would sometimes jump back to the beginning of the line or down to the next line while typing text in Rise 360.
August 9, 2017
- Fixed: Question numbers only displayed two digits, so quizzes with 100 or more questions were numbered incorrectly.
July 6, 2017
- New: Improve accessibility for learners with screen readers by adding alternate text to images.
- Enhanced: If you lose your internet connection while creating a course, Rise 360 will prevent you from working on it so you won't lose any data. When your internet connection is restored, Rise 360 will automatically reconnect and let you continue editing the course.
- Fixed: When viewing an image carousel on a touchscreen device, swiping the caption text would move to the next caption in the carousel, but the image wouldn't advance.
- Fixed: Previously, numbered lists would accept letters, but they always reverted to numbers. Now, numbered lists only accept numbers.
- Fixed: Buttons that linked to other lessons in the same course stopped working when the course was duplicated.
- Fixed: Bold formatting wouldn't always work in text-on-image blocks.
- Fixed: Accordion blocks temporarily stopped accepting more than four items.
June 13, 2017
- Enhanced: We now compress videos in Rise 360 so they have smaller file sizes while still maintaining high quality.
June 5, 2017
- New: Export Rise 360 courses as Tin Can API (xAPI) packages that work seamlessly with your LMS.
- Fixed: Rise 360 cover photos wouldn't always upload.
May 24, 2017
- New: Choose photos and illustrations from 4+ million assets in Content Library 360, and add them to your Rise 360 courses with one click. All assets are royalty-free with no attribution required. Learn more.
- New: You can now author and view Rise 360 courses in Microsoft Edge. See this article for Rise 360 browser support.
- Fixed: The exit course link stopped working in LMSs.
- Fixed: Authors couldn't change the icons associated with Rise 360 lessons.
May 9, 2017
- Fixed: A course with two or more quizzes wouldn't always send results to an LMS.
May 8, 2017
- New: Send a copy of a course to another Rise 360 author when you want to share your source file. Details here.
- Enhanced: We moved the New Course button to the top of the Rise 360 dashboard so it's always visible.
- Fixed: Courses with block lessons wouldn't send completions to an LMS.
- Fixed: Rise 360 courses wouldn't always export successfully.
- Fixed: Short block lessons wouldn't always scroll.
April 20, 2017
- New: Make it easy for learners to exit a Rise 360 course. You can set buttons in block lessons to leave the course, or add an ever-present link when you export the course that lets learners return to an LMS. See this video demo for details.
- Enhanced: The Rise 360 dashboard now displays your cover photos on the course tiles.
- Fixed: Button stack blocks wouldn't display more than 10 buttons.
April 11, 2017
- New: Use continue blocks in your block lessons to progressively reveal content and make sure learners complete interactions before moving on.
- Fixed: Some questions might be skipped when retaking a quiz, resulting in an incorrect score.
March 31, 2017
- Fixed: Lengthy Rise 360 courses wouldn't always resume correctly in an LMS.
March 30, 2017
- New: You can now only edit a Rise 360 course in one browser window at a time. When you open a course that's already being edited in another browser window, you'll have the option to take control of it. This prevents one version of the course from accidentally overwriting the other. Learn more.
- New: Now you can export text labels for built-in course elements, such as buttons and lesson headers, customize or translate them, then import them back into Rise 360. Here's how.
March 20, 2017
- New: Course authors can choose whether or not learners are allowed to mark unfinished lessons complete. Details here.
March 13, 2017
- New: Easily add downloadable resources to Rise 360 lessons with the new attachments block. Simply insert it into any custom blocks lesson and attach documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more.
- New: When you share a Rise 360 course on Slack, Facebook, Twitter, or other social media, the link will now unfurl to reveal course details, including the title, description, and cover photo.
- Enhanced: Until now, you've been able to show or hide the author for each individual lesson in a course. And now you can show or hide the author for the entire course all at once.
- Fixed: Flashcards wouldn't always scroll to reveal lengthy text on mobile devices.
March 2, 2017
- Fixed: Numbers were misaligned in numbered list blocks and numbered divider blocks in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed: Learners' scores were misaligned in quiz results in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed: We added a few missing labels to the label editor.
February 24, 2017
- Fixed: A course with restricted navigation wouldn't report completion to an LMS if it included a blank lesson.
- Fixed: Text-wrapping could break in the middle of a word in statement blocks on small screens.
February 19, 2017
- Enhanced: Rise 360 now respects iframe embed codes.
- Fixed: Content embedded in an iframe would sometimes open in a separate window. Now all embedded content plays within the Rise 360 course.
- Fixed: Hyperlinks to external content would sometimes open in the same window as the Rise 360 course. Now they all launch in new windows or browser tabs.
February 10, 2017
- Fixed: A course being tracked by completion (rather than a quiz result) wouldn't always report a passed or completed status to an LMS.
February 8, 2017
- New: Make built-in course elements, such as buttons and lesson headers, say what you want them to say by customizing the default text labels.
- Fixed: A category drop target in a sorting activity would be partially offscreen in Internet Explorer 11.
January 27, 2017
- New: You can now set a completion threshold percentage when exporting a Rise 360 course as an LMS package. Previously, learners had to view an entire course to achieve completion in an LMS.
- New: Oops! You didn't mean to delete that block. No worries. Now you can undo deleted blocks to get them back.
January 24, 2017
- Enhanced: Now you can choose to show or hide metadata for embedded content.
- Fixed: Embed blocks would sometimes get stuck processing while authoring a course.
- Fixed: An interactive tabs block wouldn't always save text when it was edited inline.
- Fixed: AICC courses with Reporting set to Complete/Incomplete wouldn't communicate completion to an LMS.
- Fixed: SCORM courses wouldn't always submit quiz results to an LMS.
- Fixed: SCORM courses would sometimes display Retake on the first quiz attempt.
- Fixed: Rise 360 courses were blank in Internet Explorer when Compatibility View was enabled since it doesn't support HTML5 content, so we added a meta tag to prevent Internet Explorer from using Compatibility View for Rise 360 courses.
January 17, 2017
- Enhanced: Now you can add an unlimited number of tabs to interactive Tabs blocks.
January 6, 2017
- New: You can cancel the import process for a course cover photo as it uploads, and if you delete the cover photo from a course, you now have the option to undo that change.
- Enhanced: We improved PNG support to achieve higher-quality images while keeping file sizes small.
December 13, 2016
- New: Let learners review what they've learned. You can now add multiple‑choice knowledge check blocks to custom lessons. (Knowledge checks are ungraded. If you need to track learners' results, use a quiz lesson instead.)
December 12, 2016
- New: Turn off the lesson count setting for each quiz you want to exclude from the overall lesson count for a Rise 360 course.
December 9, 2016
- New: Customize your course cover with a photograph. Upload your own or easily search for the perfect image from an extensive library of gorgeous, royalty-free photographs.
- New: Now you can format quiz lessons with bold and italic text as well as hyperlinks.
December 6, 2016
- Enhanced: We now compress data better to improve support for large Rise 360 courses.
- Fixed: A quiz lesson wouldn't submit in some scenarios.
November 30, 2016
- New: Make learning fun! Add interactive flashcards to custom block lessons.
- New: Choose how accordion blocks behave. Keep all items open as learners click through them or open only one item at a time.
November 23, 2016
- New: Duplicate lessons in a course when you need lessons with similar structure and just want to swap out content.
- New: Change the icon associated with each lesson in a course.
- Fixed: You had to click the Next Lesson button twice on iOS devices.
- Fixed: SCORM courses wouldn't always display properly on iOS devices. For example, they might not scroll as expected.
- Fixed: Multiple scroll bars would sometimes be nested in a Rise 360 lesson.
November 21, 2016
- Fixed: The Rise 360 home page wouldn't show more than 20 courses.
November 9, 2016
- New: Rise 360 launched! Responsive course authoring, done right.