Good news! You can install updates for Articulate 360 authoring apps without needing admin privileges or seeing User Account Control (UAC) prompts.
How It Works
Simply install the Articulate 360 desktop app using the April 7, 2020 update or later. The first installation of the Articulate 360 desktop app on each computer requires admin privileges. After that, users can install updates for the Articulate 360 desktop app and the authoring apps without needing admin privileges. It's that easy!
Benefits of enabling non-admin updates
- System admins will only need to package the Articulate 360 desktop app and not each authoring tool.
- If automatic updates are enabled, admins only need to package the Articulate 360 desktop app once. Otherwise, we recommend packaging the software at least every six months. Check out our minimum version requirement.
- Installing the Articulate 360 desktop app for the first time still requires administrative privileges, so users cannot install it without authorization.
- Users can just install the authoring apps they need.
- Users can easily roll back to earlier versions if they experience a problem with the latest update.
Can my organization disable non-admin updates?
Yes. To disable non-admin updates, set the
DisableNonAdminInstalls registry key to
True before installing the Articulate 360 desktop app, as described in the enterprise deployment guide.
Can users install non-admin updates if my organization disabled updates?
No. If you've set the
DisableUpdates registry key to
True, users won't be able to install updates.
Which apps can users update without admin privileges?
When non-admin updates are enabled, users can install updates for the following apps without needing admin privileges:
- Articulate 360 Desktop App
- Storyline 360
- Studio 360
- Replay 360
- Peek 360