The Quick Choice interaction lets learners find information through self-directed discovery. Use the Quick Choice interaction to:
- Teach interpersonal skills.
- Differentiate true and false information about a subject.
- Test knowledge of a subject in an ungraded format.
Exploring the Editor
The Quick Choice editor has three columns with the following panels:
- Steps: Located on the left side of the screen, this panel is used to manage choices for your interaction.
- Text: Located in the middle of the screen, this panel is used to add text to each choice.
- Audio: Located in the upper right corner of the editor, this panel is used to add and edit audio.
- Media: Located in the lower right corner, this panel is used to add pictures, characters, videos, and Flash files.
Here are some tips for working with the editor:
- Change the width of a column by dragging its boundary with your mouse.
- Click the triangle in the upper right corner of the Audio panel to collapse it if you need more room to work with the Media panel. Click it again to reopen the panel.
Each step in a Quick Choice interaction is called a choice. To add a choice, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+M.
- Go to the Quick Choice tab on the ribbon, and click Add Choice.
- Click the Create a new step button in the lower left corner of the Steps panel.
- Click the Duplicate button at the bottom of the Steps panel to copy the currently selected choice(s).
New choices get added just below the choice that's currently selected in the Steps panel.
Tip: A Quick Choice interaction can have up to five choices. (It doesn't have an introduction or summary.)
To rename a choice, do either of the following:
- Double-click the choice in the Steps panel to open it for editing. Enter the new name, and press the Enter key.
- Select the choice in the Steps panel, and type the new name in the title field at the top of the text panel.
To change the order of choices, select one or more choices in the Steps panel, and do any of the following:
- Drag them to a new location in the list. An orange line will move with your mouse to indicate where the choices will be when your mouse is released.
- Go to the Quick Choice tab on the ribbon, click Move Choice, and select either Up or Down.
- Use the Up and Down arrows at the bottom of the Steps panel.
To delete a choice, select it in the Steps panel, and do any of the following:
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Go to the Quick Choice tab on the ribbon, and click Delete Choice.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Adding Content to Choices
To add text, audio, and media to each choice, see the following tutorials:
Changing the Numbering Style
To change the numbering style for choices in your Quick Choice interaction, do the following:
- Go to the Quick Choice tab on the ribbon, and click Interaction Properties.
- Select the Quick Choice tab on the left side of the window.
- Choose a numbering style from the Number choices using drop-down.
- Click OK.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Working with the Interaction Title
Adjusting Interaction Properties