Articulate Quizmaker offers several tools for formatting pictures, screenshots, and characters.
Here's how to access Quizmaker's formatting tools:
- In Slide View, select the image, screenshot, or character you want to customize.
- Then click the Format tab on the ribbon, and use any of the following options.
Tip: Another way to adjust the properties of an object is to right-click it, then choose Format Picture or Size and Position.
Adjusting Brightness, Contrast, and Color
- Brightness: Click this option to change the brightness of the image. Select one of the preset brightness levels, or click Picture Correction Options to specify an exact value.
- Contrast: Click this option to adjust the contrast of the image. Select one of the preset contrast levels, or click Picture Correction Options to specify an exact value.
- Recolor: Click this option to recolor the image with a specific color. Select one of the preset colors, or click More Variations to choose from additional theme colors or a custom color. You can also make part of your image transparent by choosing Set Transparent Color and then clicking the area (color) that should be transparent.
- Change Picture: Click this option to swap the current picture for a different one. Any picture effects and animations you applied to the original picture will be applied to the new picture automatically. (Note: This button is grayed out on the Quizmaker ribbon for characters. To swap out one character for another, right-click the character and select Change Character. For additional character style options, see this tutorial.)
- Reset Picture: Click this option to revert to the picture's original appearance. To revert to its original appearance and original size, click the small triangle next to Reset Picture and choose Reset Picture & Size. (Note: Resetting picture and size also restores any areas that may have been cropped.)
Adding Borders and Effects
- Picture Styles: The preset picture styles in Quizmaker offer a quick way to change the appearance of an image. Just click one of the thumbnails in the Picture Styles drop-down to apply that style to your image.
- Picture Shape: Click this option to change the shape of your image. It'll be cropped to the shape you choose.
- Picture Border: Click this option to apply a border to your image. Select one of the preset colors, or choose More Outline Colors to define a custom color. (Tip: Preset color choices come from your theme colors.) You can also change the border's thickness by clicking Weight, or choose a pattern for the border with the Dashes option. To remove the border, choose No Outline.
- Picture Effects: Click this option to apply a shadow, reflection, glow, or soft edges to your image. (Tip: The colors available for the glow effect are controlled by your theme colors.)
Arranging, Aligning, and Rotating Objects
- Bring Forward: Click this option to bring the object forward one layer on the slide. Or, click the small arrow next to Bring Forward and choose Bring to Front to move the object to the very front layer of the slide.
- Send Backward: Click this option to send the object back one layer on the slide. Or, click the small arrow next to Send Backward and choose Send to Back to move the character to the very back layer of the slide.
- Align: Use this option to align the object with the slide or with other objects on the slide.
- Group: Grouping is a handy feature for moving, resizing, rotating, flipping, or changing other attributes of several objects at the same time—as if they were a single item. To group objects, hold down your Shift key while selecting two or more objects on the slide, click the Group selector, and choose Group. To ungroup objects, click the Group selector, and choose Ungroup. To regroup objects, click the Group selector, and choose Regroup.
- Rotate: Click this option to rotate the object. Choose one of the options listed, or choose More Rotation Options to enter a specific rotation value. If you choose More Rotation Options, you'll see the following window where you can enter a specific value in the Rotation field, or use the arrows to increase or decrease the value. Click Close when you're done.
Zooming, Cropping, and Sizing Objects
- Zoom Picture: If you've resized an image in Quizmaker so it's smaller than the original, you can add a zoom icon to it, which lets learners see the original (larger) version of the image. For example, if you insert an image that's 500 pixels by 500 pixels and then resize it to be 250 pixels by 250 pixels, the zoom icon lets learners see the image at its original size of 500 pixels by 500 pixels.
- Crop: Click this option to crop your image. Drag the cropping handles on the image to change its dimensions. To save your changes, either click the Crop button again, or click anywhere outside the image.
- Height: To specify an exact height for your image, enter the pixel value in the Height field, or use the arrows to adjust the value. (Note: By default, the aspect ratio is locked for pictures, screenshots, and characters. When you change the height, the width will automatically adjust to maintain the same aspect ratio. If you want to unlock the aspect ratio in order to change the dimensions independently, see this tutorial.)
- Width: To specify an exact width for your image, enter the pixel value in the Width field, or use the arrows to adjust the value. (Note: By default, the aspect ratio is locked for pictures, screenshots, and characters. When you change the width, the height will automatically adjust to maintain the same aspect ratio. If you want to unlock the aspect ratio in order to change the dimensions independently, see this tutorial.)