Adjust the properties for any video you've embedded in your quiz, including:
- How loud it is in relation to your overall quiz
- Where it gets displayed
- When it plays
- Whether it has its own playbar
- How it's arranged with other objects on the slide
- What size it is
Here's how to access the video options in Articulate Quizmaker:
- Click once on your video placeholder to select it.
- Click the Options tab on the toolbar.
- Then use any of the following options to change the behavior of your video.
Working with Video Options
- Preview: Click this button to play the selected video. It'll play right on the slide stage itself. Click the button again to stop the video.
- Video Volume: Use this option to change the relative volume of your video. (This option isn't available for website videos.)
- Low: Lowers the volume to 50% of the original.
- Medium: Sets the volume at 100%, meaning there is no change to the original volume. This is the default option.
- High: Raises the volume to 150% of the original.
- Mute: Silences the video.
- Edit Video: Click this button if you want to modify the actual video.The built-in video editor will open, where you can trim or crop the video, change the volume, adjust the brightness or contrast, and insert a logo. Click the Save & Close button when you've finished editing your video. To learn more about using the Video Editor, see Editing Videos. (This option isn't available for website videos, SWF files, or FLV movies that have alpha channel transparency.)
- Show Video: Determines whether the video displays In slide or In new browser window.
- Play Video: When do you want the video to start playing? Choose one of the following options.
Notes: This property will be grayed out if you display your video in a new browser window—see above. And it doesn't apply to website videos. Generally, learners need to click web videos to play them. Some browsers still allow web videos to autoplay (if the autoplay feature is enabled in your embed code), but the trend is for browsers to prevent media from autoplaying.
- Automatically: The video will start playing as soon as the slide's timeline reaches the start of the video object. For more information on working with the timeline, see Using the Timeline.
- When clicked: Select this option if you don't want the video to start playing until users click it.
- Video Controls: Choose Below video from the drop-down to add a separate playbar to the video, so learners can play, pause, rewind, and fast forward it. Choose None if you'd prefer to omit the separate playbar for the video (This option isn't available for website videos.)
- Compression: Choose Automatic from the drop-down to have Quizmaker compress your video files when you publish your quiz. Choose None if you'd prefer not to compress your video files. Video quality may be higher by not compressing videos in your published output, but it also results in larger files. (This feature is only available for MP4 videos created with baseline, main, or high profiles. All other video files will be compressed when published.)
- Arrange your video with other objects on the slide by using the Bring Forward, Send Backward, and Align drop-down lists.
- Size your video on the slide using the Height and Width fields. Enter values in pixels. The aspect ratio of your video will be maintained; when you change one value, the other value will automatically change for you.
Additional Right-Click Options for Working with Videos
There are also several video options that you can access simply by right-clicking a video placeholder.
- Preview: Select this option to play the video. It'll play right on the slide stage itself. Click anywhere outside the video to end the preview.
- Set Poster Frame: Use this option to assign a placeholder image to your video. When prompted, browse to the image you want to use.
- This is especially useful if you've configured your video to play only when learners click it. The poster frame is the image that's visible to learners until they click it to play the video.
- If you change your mind and want to remove the poster frame, right-click the video again, and select Remove Poster Frame.
- Edit Video: Use this option to modify your video in the built-in video editor. (This option isn't available for website videos, SWF files, or FLV movies with alpha channel transparency.)
- Change Embed Code: This option only pertains to website videos. Select this option if you need to modify the embed code for the video.
- Group: Use this option if you want to group a video with other objects on the slide. This can be useful if you want to rotate a video. Although videos can't be rotated by themselves, if you group them with another object, you can rotate the grouped object.
- Bring to Front and Send to Back: Use these options to arrange your video with other objects on the slide.
- Rename: This option allows you to change the default name (Video 1, Video 2, etc.) assigned to videos after they've been inserted into Quizmaker. Another way to rename videos and other objects is to use the timeline.
- Size and Position: This is another way to specify an exact size and position for your video. To learn more about the Size and Position dialog, see this tutorial.
You Might Also Want to explore: