Articulate Replay lets you record screencasts of your computer desktop and webcam videos of yourself—at the same time!
In this tutorial, we'll look at how to record screencasts and webcam videos at the same time and how to record them separately.
Recording a Screencast and a Webcam Video at the Same Time
When you record a screencast and a webcam video at the same time, Replay places the screencast in track A and the webcam video in track B with a chain linking them together.
Here's how to record both at the same time:
- Click Record Screen on the Replay ribbon.
- When the recording window appears, select a Microphone (or disable audio) in the lower left corner.
- Choose a predefined size for the recording area, or use the sizing handles.
- If you'd like to change your recording keyboard shortcuts, click the gear icon, make your changes, and click OK.
- Move the Webcam slider to On.
- When the Webcam Settings window appears, select a webcam and capture size.
- When you're ready to record, click the red Record button in the lower left corner.
- If you need to pause during your recording, click the Pause button in the lower left corner or use the keyboard shortcut you specified in step 4 above (defaults to Alt+D).
- If you need to start over, click the trash can icon to delete the current screencast, and click the red Record button again.
- When you're finished, click Done or use the keyboard shortcut you specified in step 4 above (defaults to the Escape key).
Tip: You can also click Record Screen on the Replay launch screen to start a new project and a new recording at the same time.
Recording a Screencast Only
To record a screencast only, make sure the Webcam slider is in the Off position. Then follow the same steps listed above, but skip steps 5 and 6.
Recording a Webcam Video Only
To record a webcam video only, follow the same steps noted above, but choose No screen recording as the recording size in step 3.
If you've already recorded a webcam video and screencast at the same time, you can still hide the screencast if you'd like. After adding the screencast and webcam video to your Replay project, move the playhead in the timeline to the point where your screencast begins, and click video mix B. This hides track A (your screencast) and fills the stage with track B (your webcam video).
To learn more about mixing videos, see this tutorial.
Adjusting the Volume of a Video Clip
To adjust the volume of a video clip in your project, do the following:
- Select the video clip in the timeline.
- Use the panel on the right side of the screen to adjust the volume.
- Mute: This option mutes the selected video.
- Automatic: This option uses the video's original volume.
- Manual: This option lets you raise or lower the volume with a slider.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Adding Video Files
Using the Timeline