Frustrated by accented characters not displaying properly in your Rise courses? We can help you get on track even if you don’t know a breve from an overdot!
Accented characters (also known as diacritics) are used commonly in languages other than English. However, the built-in Rise fonts don’t include non-Latin characters, so accented characters might not look the way you’d expect. The good news is it’s easy to fix. Download the full font set from the web, then upload it to Rise. Here’s how.
- Search the Google Fonts website for the fonts you need or jump directly to the default Rise fonts below:
- When you find the font you want, click Select this font to add it to your download queue.
- Once you’ve added all the fonts you need, open the Family Selected queue at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Customize tab and scroll to the Languages section. Select the font languages you need for your Rise course.
- Mouse over the Download icon in the upper right hand corner of the queue and select the Download option.
- Unzip the folder somewhere you’ll be able to find it easily.
- Follow these steps to upload your custom fonts to Rise.