Previewing is a great way to see the changes you've made to your content without publishing your project. You can preview from Story View or from Normal View.
To preview your entire project, you can do any of the following:
- Press F12 on your keyboard.
- Or, from any tab on the Storyline ribbon, click the Preview button.
- Or, in the lower-right corner of your Storyline window, click the icon to the left of the zoom percentage.
Or, to preview just a portion of your project, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+F12 on your keyboard to preview the current slide.
- Or, press Shift+F12 on your keyboard to preview the current scene.
- Or, find the Preview button on the Storyline ribbon, click the small arrow on it, and then choose to preview the current slide, the current scene, or the whole project:
Options on the Preview Window
When the Preview window appears, you can use the buttons on the Preview toolbar to do any of the following:
- Close Preview: This closes the Preview window and takes you back to wherever you were prior to previewing.
- Select: This allows you to choose a different slide in your course to preview.
- Replay: Click this button to replay the preview selection again. Or, you can click the arrow on this button and replay just the current slide, the current scene, or the entire project.
- Edit Slide: This takes you to Normal View of the slide you're currently previewing.
You can also use the buttons in the lower-right corner to close the Preview window and go to either Story View or to the Normal View of the slide you're currently previewing:
Items That Aren't Available During Preview
Though most content displays during Preview just like it would in the published output, there are a few items that are unavailable during Preview. They are: