Storyline 2: Adding Transitions to Slides and Layers
Article Last Updated
This article applies to:
Articulate Storyline has a library of transitions to add polish to your slides and layers. When used strategically, transitions can even convey a sense of movement, pace, and direction.
- To apply a transition to a slide, open the slide in Slide View and select the base layer in the Slide Layers panel. To apply a transition to a layer within the slide, select the layer in the Slide Layers panel.
- Go to the Transitions tab on the Storyline ribbon and click any transition to apply it to the selected slide or layer.
Note: Push and Uncover transitions aren't available for layers.
- Most transitions let you choose the direction of the transition. Select your choice from the Effect Options drop-down.
- Adjust the speed of your transition by entering a time (number of seconds) in the Duration field, or use the arrows to increase or decrease the time.
- To use the same transition elsewhere, click Apply to All. If you're on the base layer of a slide, it'll apply the same transition to the base layer of all other slides in your project, including slide masters. If you're on a layer, it'll apply the same transition to all other layers for the current slide. (Tip: You can also apply different transitions to different layers on the same slide, if you'd prefer.)
Can I Apply Transitions to Slide Masters?
Yes! Go to the View tab on the ribbon, and click Slide Master or Feedback Master. Select the master slide layout where you want to add a transition, then follow the steps above. (Learn more about slide masters and feedback masters.)
You Might Also Want to Explore:
How Microsoft PowerPoint Animations and Transitions Are Imported