After recording a screencast and inserting it into your course, you can edit it. The editing options differ, depending on how you inserted the screen recording. In this tutorial, we'll cover:
Editing a Video Screencast on a Single Slide
A video screencast can be edited like any other video in Articulate Storyline. Just right-click it and select Edit Video. When the built-in video editor opens, you can trim, crop, change the volume, adjust the brightness and contrast, and insert a logo. Learn more about the video editor here.
Use the Video Tools—Options tab on the ribbon to adjust the video properties, including its relative volume, timing, controls, and more. See this tutorial for details.
Editing a Step-by-Step Screencast Over Multiple Slides
Step-by-step slides can be edited like any other slides in Storyline. You can duplicate them, add completely new slides, and delete them when necessary. You also have complete control over the contents of each slide. You can modify the captions, hotspots, data-entry fields, mouse movements, and feedback layers that Storyline automatically created for you—or add your own content.
You can even change the starting and ending frames for each slide in a step-by-step screen recording. This is particularly useful when you need to cut out a mistake or remove an unnecessary step. Here’s how:
- Right-click anywhere on the slide you want to modify and select Action Fine Tuning.
- Drag the starting and ending markers along the timeline until you've selected the clip you want to keep.For even greater precision, select either the Update Start Frame or Update End Frame radio button in the lower left corner, then click the Previous Frame and Next Frame buttons to move the starting/ending point along the timeline one frame at a time.
- Use the Play/Pause button to preview what the slide will look like with your changes.
- If you want to undo the changes you made, click Reset Original Timing in the lower right corner of the window.
- To fine tune other slides without closing and reopening the editor, use the drop-down list at the top of the window or click Previous Slide/Next Slide.
- When you're finished, click OK to close the editor.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Inserting Screen Recordings
Exporting Screen Recordings
Deleting Screen Recordings