Articulate Storyline has some quick-access tools for previewing audio, adjusting volume, launching the built-in audio editor, switching to a different audio file, and exporting audio clips. Click the audio icon at the lower left corner of the slide or click the audio track in the timeline to reveal the Audio Tools—Options tab on the ribbon.
Click Preview to hear the selected audio track. Click it again to stop the audio playback.
Tip: Another way to preview an audio track is to double-click the audio icon at the lower left corner of the slide. Single-click it to stop the audio playback.
Click Audio Volume to change the relative volume of your audio track, then choose one of the following levels:
- Low: Lowers the volume to 50% of the original.
- Medium: Sets the volume at 100%, meaning there's no change to the original volume. This is the default option.
- High: Raises the volume to 150% of the original.
- Mute: Silences the selected audio track.
Click Audio Editor to modify the selected audio clip. Learn more about using the built-in audio editor.
Tip: You can also access the Audio Editor in any of the following ways:
- Right-click the audio icon at the lower left corner of the slide and select Audio Editor.
- Right-click the audio track in the timeline and select Edit Audio.
- Double-click the audio track in the timeline.
Replacing One Audio Track with Another
If you want to replace the selected audio track with a different one, click Change Audio, then browse to the audio file you want to use.
Sometimes, you may want to reuse audio in another project or make a backup copy. Just export it. Here's how:
- First, do any of the following:
- Click Export Audio on the ribbon.
- Right-click the audio icon at the lower left corner of the slide and select Export Audio.
- Right-click the audio track in the timeline and select Export Audio.
- Browse to the location where you want to save the exported audio clip and give it a File name.
- Use the Save as type drop-down list to choose a file format. You can export audio as MP3, WAV, or both.
- Click Save to complete the export process.
Choosing Playback and Recording Devices
To change your audio playback and recording devices, click the arrow in the lower right corner of the Audio Options group on the ribbon.
Then select a speaker for your default playback device and a microphone for your default recording device. You can also adjust the recording volume.
You Might Also Want to Explore: