Storyline 3: Rewind Button Doesn't Start the Slide Over
Article Last Updated
This article applies to:
In some cases, you may notice that the Rewind button at the right end of the seekbar doesn't actually start the slide over from the beginning.
The behavior of the Rewind button is determined by the “When revisiting” property for each slide. There are three options to choose from:
- Automatically decide: This is the default option, and it means Storyline will decide automatically whether to rewind the slide or not. Here's the logic: If the slide contains just simple objects and audio but no interactivity, Storyline will rewind the slide to the beginning of the slide’s timeline. However, if the slide contains any interactive elements, such as buttons or any other object that includes a visited/selected state, Storyline won't rewind the slide.
- Resume saved state: This option will always prevent the slide from rewinding.
- Reset to initial state: This option will always force the slide to rewind.
To change the “When revisiting” property for slides in your course, see this user guide.
If you'd prefer to simply remove the Rewind button, you can do that too. Bear in mind that removing the Rewind button also removes the seekbar.
- To remove the seekbar and Rewind button from a single slide, uncheck the Seekbar box in the slide properties.
- To remove the seekbar and Rewind button from the entire course, uncheck the Seekbar box in Player > Features.