The SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 2nd Edition specifications do not provide very robust values for data length for various items, including suspend data, which is used to resume your quiz or presentation. A large Quizmaker quiz or Presenter presentation may exceed the suspend data limit, which would cause the resume function to no longer work.
The SCORM specs provide the following data lengths for the suspend_data item:
- SCORM 1.2: 4,096 characters
- SCORM 2004 2nd Edition: 4,000 characters
- SCORM 2004 3rd Edition: 64,000 characters
Articulate software does not impose limitations on suspend data. To do so would require imposing restrictions on the number of questions that could be added to a quiz or the number of slides that could be added to a presentation (which would vary depending on the content). Many Learning Management Systems (LMS) do not enforce limits on the suspend data for the same reason.
If your LMS enforces susped data limits and you find that your quiz or presentation is exceeding the threshold, you can work around the issue in one of the following ways:
- Disable the resume feature in your quiz or presentation.
- Reduce the number of questions in your quiz or the number of slides in your presentation until the resume feature works as expected. The limit will vary depending on a variety of factors. We suggest that you test your content in your LMS to verify.
- Republish your quiz or presentation for SCORM 2004 3rd Edition, which supports much longer suspend data.