Can you completely hide or remove the Storyline player? Yes! Here's how:
Turn off the player features
First, turn off all the player features:
- Go to Home > Player.
- On the Features tab, deselect all options.
Make the player border transparent
Then modify the color scheme to make the player border transparent:
- While you're still in the Player Properties dialog, click Colors & Effects.
- Click the link to Show advanced color editing.
- From the Edit item drop-down list, select base >> bg, and make it 100% transparent.
- From the Edit item drop-down list, select base >> border, and make it 100% transparent.
- From the Edit item drop-down list, select base >> slide_bg, and make it 100% transparent.
Save your chromeless player for use in other courses
If you want to use the same chromeless player in other Storyline courses, save it as a player template:
- While you're still in the Player Properties dialog, click the Current Player drop-down, and select Save as.
- Give it a recognizable name, and click OK.
- Click OK again to close the Player Properties dialog.
Remove the Prev, Next, and Submit buttons
By default, each slide in Storyline will either have Prev / Next buttons or a Submit button. You'll also need to remove these to make your player completely chromeless:
- Go to Story View.
- Select all the slides in your course. (Here's how to use the CTRL+A keyboard shortcut in Story View.)
- Then uncheck the Prev, Next, and Submit boxes in the Slide panel.
Note: You'll need to add your own custom buttons, hotspots, or hyperlinks to each slide in your course to control navigation.