Storyline lets you add files and web links to the Resources tab in your player. And when you attach a file resource to your course, you can also link to that same file from any slide in your course. Here's how:
- First, enable the Resources tab in your player and add the file attachment to your course.
- Then, go to the slide where you want to link to the file and select the text or object that you want to be hyperlinked.
- Go to the Insert tab and click Hyperlink.
- When the Trigger Wizard launches, select Jump to URL/File from the Action drop-down list.
- In the File field, type the following text, but replace
MyFile.xlsx with the name of your file and its file extension (it's case-sensitive):
- Select the event that you want to execute this trigger from the When drop-down list, such as "User clicks". Here's an example of a completed trigger:
- Click OK to save your trigger.