To validate your Articulate SCORM content, do the following:
Install the SCORM Test Suite
- First, install the appropriate version of Java for the test suite you plan to use:
- SCORM 1.2 requires Java 1.4.2_13
- SCORM 2004 3rd Edition requires Java 1.4.2_13 or later
- SCORM 2004 4th Edition requires Java 6 Update 1 or later
- Then, download and install the appropriate test suite:
- Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8 are known to work for testing, but later versions may also work.
Prepare Your Content for Testing
- Publish your Articulate content for LMS on your Windows desktop per the instructions in the SCORM Test Suite.
- On the Publish Successful dialog, click the Zip button to generate a zip file of your published output.
Important: Both the zip file and the non-zipped published output will be used for testing purposes and should be located on your desktop.
Test Your Content
Sharable Content Object (SCO) Run-Time Environment Conformance Test
- Launch the SCORM Test Suite, and select the option to run a Sharable Content Object (SCO) Run-Time Environment Conformance Test.
- (For SCORM 2004, click Continue.) Click the Browse button beside SCO Address or Filename.
- Browse to your non-zipped published output, which should be on your Windows desktop.
- (For SCORM 2004, click Continue twice.) Select the index_lms.html file, and click Open.
- Click the Launch SCO(s) button.
- If prompted, click the yellow security bar at the top of your browser, and select Allow Blocked Content.
- Test your content, and view the results. (You may need to click the Complete Test button for all test results to display.)
Content Package Conformance Test
- Launch the SCORM Test Suite, and select the option to run a Content Package Conformance Test.
- Click Continue.
- Select the radio button for Package (PIF), and click Continue.
- Select the radio button for Content Aggregation Package, and click Continue.
- Click Browse.
- Browse to the zip file of your published output, and click Open.
- Click Begin Test.
- Click OK when prompted to begin the test.
- View the results.