When you export reports from Articulate Online to CSV format, you can generally double-click the CSV file to open it in Microsoft Excel for analysis. However, if your CSV report includes non-western text—such as Japanese or Chinese—it won't display correctly when opened in this manner.
To view a CSV report with non-western text in Excel, do the following:
- First, create a new spreadsheet in Excel.
- Then go to the Data tab, and click From Text.
- Browse to your CSV report, and click Import.
- When the Text Import Wizard opens, select the Delimited file type, choose Unicode (UTF-8) file origin, and click Next.
- Mark the Comma box (uncheck all other delimiters), and click Finish.
- When the Import Data window opens, click OK.