If you have recorded narration for your presentation via Slide Show > Record Narration in PowerPoint, you may find that narration for your Engage interaction and Quizmaker quiz slides does not get published in Presenter '09. This is a known issue. You can correct it in one of the following ways:
- Record narration via Articulate > Record Narration.
- Import audio via Articulate > Import Audio.
If you would prefer to recover narration that you have already recorded for interaction and quiz slides via Slide Show > Record Narration rather than re-recording via Articulate > Record Narration, you can use the following method:
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint.
- Create a new blank slide after each Engage interaction and Quizmaker quiz slide in your presentation. These blank slides are temporary, but it is recommended that you title each blank slide with the title of the preceding interaction or quiz. This will help you identify the audio in a later step.
- Copy and paste the audio (speaker) icon from each interaction and quiz to the new blank slide that follows each interaction and quiz.
Publish your presentation. (This step is required to process the audio changes from the previous steps. You can discard the published presentation.)
- In PowerPoint, navigate to Articulate > Audio Editor.
- Click the round Articulate button in the upper left corner of the Audio Editor.
- Scroll to Export, and select WAV.
- Choose a file location to export a copy of your recorded narration, and click the OK button.
- Close the Audio Editor.
- Delete the blank slides that you created in Step 2 above.
- Delete the audio (speaker) icon from each Engage interaction and Quizmaker quiz slide in your presentation.
- Navigate to Articulate > Import Audio, and import the appropriate WAV (audio) files that you exported in Step 8 above.
Publish your presentation again.
Here is a video screencast of this process: