Until you activate Articulate Presenter '13 with a serial number, an activation prompt will automatically appear each time you start a new PowerPoint presentation or open an existing one.
However, Microsoft added a start screen to PowerPoint 2013 and 2016, letting you start new presentations from a number of professional templates. Since the Presenter activation prompt won't appear until you open a presentation, you won't see it when PowerPoint 2013 and 2016 first open if the start screen is enabled.
To see the Presenter activation prompt, click one of the template thumbnail images, or choose an existing presentation from the sidebar.
If you'd prefer to turn off the start screen in PowerPoint 2013 or 2016, you can do that, too. Here's how:
- Open PowerPoint.
- Click a template to start a new presentation, or choose an existing presentation from the sidebar.
- Go to the File tab and choose Options.
- Click the General tab in the upper left corner if it isn't already selected.
- Uncheck the box to Show the Start screen when this application starts.
- Click OK and restart PowerPoint.