If an Articulate Quizmaker quiz in your published presentation won't load, please review the following suggestions for correcting the issue:
Make sure your project files are located on your local hard drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or an external USB drive can cause erratic behavior due to latency, including corruption or loss of resources.
Always publish your presentation to a location on your local hard drive (your C: drive). Publishing to a network drive or an external USB drive can cause erratic behavior due to latency, including corruption or loss of resources.
Also, make sure the file path to your project files and your published output are both under the 260-character limit imposed by Microsoft Windows. Otherwise, your published output will be incomplete and won't work properly.
For accurate testing, place your content in the location for which it was published.
- If you plan to host your content online, upload your published presentation to a web server, LMS, or Articulate Online.
- If you plan to host your content offline, publish for CD, and double-click Launch_Presentation.exe in the published output.
Otherwise, you'll encounter local security restrictions that may prevent your content from working properly.
FTP transfer mode
If you're hosting content on a web server or LMS, make sure your FTP client is using binary transfer mode when uploading the published files to your server. If not, your content may corrupt while uploading and fail to work properly.
Tip: You may also use the FTP upload feature in Articulate Presenter.
Reinsert the quiz
If your quiz still won't load after following the recommendations above, reinsert it into your presentation. Here's how:
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint.
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, and click Quizmaker Quiz.
- Select the affected quiz, and click Remove.
- Click Yes to confirm removal.
- Then click Add Existing.
- Browse to the quiz file, and click Open.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for any other affected quizzes.
- Click Close to exit the Quizzes and Interactions dialog.