If you attempt to record narration, sync animations, or add annotations in Presenter '09 and find that it automatically skips through a slide, you’re likely encountering an issue with the theme (slide master) in your PowerPoint presentation.
You can workaround this issue by temporarily changing the theme. Here’s how:
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint, and go to the Design tab.
- Click the drop-down arrow for Themes, and select Save Current Theme.
- Assign a recognizable name to your custom theme, and save the theme in the default location.
- Then click the drop-down arrow for Themes again.
- Select the first built-in theme, called Office Theme, to apply it to your presentation. (The Office Theme looks like a plain white slide.) The look of your presentation will change as it conforms to the new theme, but this is only temporary.
- Next, record narration, sync animations, and add annotations.
- Then go back to the Design tab, and click the drop-down arrow for Themes.
- Select your original custom theme to reapply it to your presentation.