You may find that you are unable to Sync Animations if all the following criteria are true:
- You are using PowerPoint 2003.
- You have inserted audio in PowerPoint via Insert > Movies and Sounds > Sound from File or recorded narration via Slide Show > Record Narration.
- You have also imported audio to the same slide via Articulate > Import Audio or recorded narration via Articulate > Record Narration.
This is a known issue. You can correct it in one of the following ways:
- Delete the audio (speaker) icon, which represents the PowerPoint audio.
- If you need to keep the PowerPoint audio in your presentation (in addition to the Articulate audio), you can workaround this issue by configuring it to play with a Trigger in this manner:
- Right-click the audio (speaker) icon, and select Custom Animation. This will open the Custom Animation pane.
- In the Custom Animation pane, right-click the animation that represents the PowerPoint audio, and select Timing from the shortcut (context) menu that appears.
- Click the Triggers toggle button.
- Select the radio button to "Start effect on click of".
- Click the OK button to save the change.
- Then navigate to Articulate > Sync Animations to synchronize your animations with your audio.