When you use process blocks in your Rise 360 courses, introducing linear concepts and letting learners move through sequential steps is a snap. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
Craft a carousel of media-rich steps with or without an introduction and summary. Click here to see a video demonstration and check out the details below.
- Insert a Process Block
- Modify the Introduction and Summary
- Add and Modify Steps
- Customize the Block Settings
Step 1: Insert a Process Block
- Open a Rise 360 course, then edit an existing lesson or create a new one.
- Select the process block from the blocks shortcut bar.
- Click the insert block icon that appears when you mouse-over a boundary between blocks.
- From the sidebar that appears, choose the Interactive category in the block library, then select Process.
Step 2: Modify the Introduction and Summary
By default, an introduction and summary appear before and after the numbered steps in your process interaction. The introduction has a button that starts the process, and the summary has a button that takes you back to the beginning when you’re finished. Here's how to edit the introduction and summary or turn them off if you don’t need them.
- Mouse-over your process block and click the Edit button that appears.
- Change the introduction and summary titles if you prefer different wording. (They'll still display as "Introduction" and "Summary" in the sidebar.)
- Modify the sample descriptions and add any media you’d like.
- If you don’t need an introduction or summary, click the eye icon to the left of each title in the sidebar to hide one or both. When they’re disabled, your process starts with the first step in the interaction and ends with the last step, and there’s no option to automatically jump back to the beginning.
Step 3: Add and Modify Steps
There are a lot of ways you can modify your steps, from adding text to importing media.
- From the edit screen, click the Add Step button at the bottom of the sidebar to add steps to the process. Drag steps up and down the sidebar to reorder the list. Steps are automatically numbered and will renumber themselves when you rearrange them.
- Select each step in your interaction, then do any of the following.
Edit (or delete) the title and description.
Click the camera icon to upload an image or video, browse the Content Library 360, or embed web content (such as a YouTube video). Once added, you can change the alignment for and adjust the crop on images using the image alignment toolbar. Media displays between the title and description text for each step.
Click the microphone icon to upload an audio file or record narration. You can pause while recording, but Rise 360 won’t save your in-progress recording until you click Stop Recording.
- If you need to delete a step, hover over it in the sidebar and click the garbage bin icon that appears.
- When you’re finished, click Close in the upper right corner to return to your block lesson.
Navigation Tips for Learners:
On desktop computers, learners navigate a process block by clicking the previous and next arrows or using the step counter below the interaction to jump between steps.
On tablets and smartphones, learners navigate a process block by swiping back and forth. A numbered step counter displays but isn't clickable on mobile devices.
Step 4: Customize the Block Settings
Click here to learn how to modify how the block itself displays. Note that you can't change the background color for process blocks.
In addition to the standard options on the Settings tab, you can:
- Enable zoom on image click or disable this setting
- Override the global label settings for your steps in Step Label.
Tip: Add a continue block after your process block when you want learners to complete it before moving on.